Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Projector Repair?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Fazon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I unpacked my Elmo ST-1200HD super-8 projector last night only to find that it had died while in storage. Can anyone recommend someone who is reputable that still services this equipment? I contacted Elmo directly and they don't even recall ever manufacturing Super-8 equipment! Any advice that you can give will be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you for your time.

    Sincerely,
    Dean

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Give this guy a call, he is an Elmo repairman.

    Leon Norris
    315 West Forance St.
    Norristown, PA 19401
    (610) 275-1225 evenings and weekends

    Others may suggest a guy named Irv Higdon but I warn you to stay away from him.

    BTW, nice to see that someone else interested in Super 8 exists in Connecticut [img]cool.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Fazon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dear Cameraguy,

    Thanks for the info! Just a couple of questions; when you describe him as an "Elmo repairman" does that mean he actually worked for Elmo at one point? Just curious. What are his prices like? I think that my projector needs beltwork and a cleaning.

    I'll be give him a call this weekend. I will be very happy to have this projector up and running again. It was like finding out that an old friend had died when I turned it on only to have it start making a grinding sound.

    Thanks again.

    Peace,
    Dean

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Fazon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks again Cameraguy!

    Peace,
    Dean

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Deakallen:
    Thanks for the info! Just a couple of questions; when you describe him as an "Elmo repairman" does that mean he actually worked for Elmo at one point? Just curious. What are his prices like? I think that my projector needs beltwork and a cleaning.

    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not sure if he officially worked for Elmo but he is highly recommended by many. I never used him directly myself BUT I did buy a ST-1200HD a few years ago on ebay and before it was sent to me it went to him for a check up. It was like new inside and out with new belts etc...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •